Monday, April 11, 2011

right shoe


This is my right indoor football/soccer boot.  As always, click the image to bring up the actual, larger image.

I have a fascination with objects that have been used, worn and appreciated.  Whether it's sports gear, clothing or camera gear, the signs of wear create intrigue and depth; a layer of interest beyond that of the object itself.  I'm a sucker for it.

There's also my love for objects designed with a specific purpose in mind.  Thought, time and evolution has created this shoe, and although it's not the top of the line, I still couldn't play indoors to the best of my abilities without it.  Each scuff has a story - whether it's from taking a pass, shooting or being fouled...

Yet as I post this, it's use is diminishing...  Spring is here and soon I'll be playing with my outdoor boots (that is, until fall rolls around again).

Getting back into soccer has made me remember my life before photography.  It was filled with sports.  Although finding ways to creatively push myself has taken over my life, I find myself thinking more and more about how I used to push myself physically.  I'm excited to pursue both now however, and I look forward to combining them more often in future projects.

I've been playing around a lot more with subtle light as well.  I might post a few more product shots up.  BUT, if you have an interest in something,  send me an email.  I'd love to do some portraits of people doing something they love.  I need a subject that talks back... ASAP!

1 comment: